Try cold-brewing our Ugandan Bukonzo Nayabirongo for a chocolatey cup or Ethiopian Yirgacheffe for a sweet brew with a hint of fresh berries.
Perfect Iced Coffee
Prep time: 8 hours
- 1 pound ground coffee
- 8 quarts cold water
- half-and-half (a healthy splash per serving)
- sweetened condensed milk (2-3 tablespoons per serving)
- Mix ground coffee with water in a large container. Cover and allow to sit at room temperature eight hours or overnight.
- Line a fine mesh strainer with cheesecloth and set over a pitcher or other container. Pour coffee/water mixture through the strainer, allowing all liquid to run through. Discard grounds.
- Place coffee liquid in the fridge and allow to cool. Use as needed.
To make iced coffee, pack a glass full of ice cubes. Fill glass 2/3 full with cold-brewed coffee. Add a splash of half-and-half. Stir. Then drop in 2-3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk (or just plain old sugar) and stir once again to combine. Adjust to taste.